7.27.2008

hands down, the best gluten free pasta...




Tinkyada is the best gluten free pasta-- hands down. Somehow, they have managed to turn organic brown rice, rice bran, and water into a pasta that reminds me of the kind I used to eat before I was diagnosed.

There are a lot of regular rice pasta and quinoa (and lots of other grains) brands that just don't quite hold up in terms of the flavor or mouth feel that I've seen all over town. After many repeated and expensive tasting trials and gross pasta experiences with other brands, I always head back to Tinkyada and Trader Joe's versions. Tinkyada is especially great since they make a variety of shapes-- shells and lasagna noodles, too!

I buy Tinkyada locally at Lassen's in Goleta, Lazy Acres, and at Tri-County Produce and at Amazon. It can get a little rough if you're a big pasta eater... a bag costs about 4.00. But trust me... it's worth it!

If you're on a budget, Trader Joe's makes an excellent (though not quite as perfect) alternative with their line of organic brown rice pasta that is only 1.99 a bag. And it really does make for the best sticky spaghetti pasta for our weekly heirloom tomato gorge.

No comments: